Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Merry Christmas

This Christmas eve, I prepared the Christmas gifts for each of my families though we are not Christians and I have not been the fan of Christmas celebration for years. I don't know why I did so... anyway, my second niece has joined this world since this May and her father is currently having the 2-month overseas assignment and her mother has to work late usually on Fridays and... whatever..., so I decided to become the Santa Claus that night and celebrate the Christmas with these two little cute angels. Interestingly, I felt very contented when arranging these gifts under the plastic Christmas tree decorated with lights, bells, and candies that their mother set up a week ago...

Another funny thing was that I also received great Christmas presents from friends, in a virtual way: a funny talk with my lesbian friend and some emails from some of my favorite friends, including a great Christmas present from K: a cute blog and a synical but cool comment about Shanghai.

So happy to receive K's response cause I was so worried about his disappearing and being in his down time too long. Now, at least, I am aware that he's staying alive and kicking and so delighted to see his arrogance's coming back little by little...

I also feel happy receiving P's greetings though it's a pity we couldn't meet each other before his leaving Taiwan...

This Christmas, I was both happy and lonely and oddly I enjoy it ...

No comments: