Wednesday, December 29, 2004

fear of unknown

This photo reminds me of an interesting experience in my 3-day trip to Hualien (花蓮), the west coast of Taiwan early this month.

Myriam, Rodolphe, and I decided to walk from TienHsiang back to Taruko (17 kms) the second day of our trip, since we arrived Taruko in the late evening and didn't see much scenery on the way up to TienHsiang.

This photo was taken before we went thru this TienHsiang Turnel (天祥隧道). I didn't expect this turnel didn't have lights installed and was so long that we walked almost all the way in the dark like blinds. Only when cars driving thru, which were not much, did we see the road via the car lights. My eyes were completely useless in the dark turnel. While in the dark, my fear raised from nowhere and I found myself using my right arm leaning tightly against the wall as the senser for the direction. I walked very slowly with cautious and sometimes hestiated stepping forward. However, when with the dim lights, I saw the road, felt relieved, and fasten my steps. Interestingly, I started realising how deeply I had been counting on my eyes for sensing and experiencing this world, plus how coward I was when facing the unknown...

How about life? I keep complaining my current life but don't or haven't dared to change it! Is it also due to my fear of unknown?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, LittleIslander,

"改變習慣總是不習慣,改變習慣就改變你的人生" 不要抱怨您的生活,因為您每天還是得過同樣的生活. 如果目前的生活或工作不是您所想要的,
那就靜下來好好思考一下, 您要的是什麼 ? What you want in you life ? don't fear of unknown. Once when you decide to do it then go and face it and never regret.

Regards,
Clive Yang. www.ttt.org.tw 社友簡介- CAMERA

yuwen said...

Thank you, Clive, for your great advice! Spending time with me and myself alone is currently what I really need... I am trying now...