Friday, April 30, 2004

A painter near Montmartre, Paris

A painter in the flee market near Montmartre, Paris (2004.04.17)

Before touring me to the Montmartre, Mimi and I had a walk in this temp flee market so as to meet her friends. Suddenly, a painting in which a girl in white dress holding a teddy bear and a boy in navy blue sailor suit playing with a kyte at the beach attracted my eyes and stopped me in front of this painting stand. I like its simple composition and these two characters reminded me of the Raggedy Ann and Andy story series, yes, my childhood reading memory again.

Then, I saw this old lady painter sitting next to this small stand. She told me that she painted all the paintings. For these girl-and-boy paintings, she added a Teddy bear in each painting of this series. Thus, I found the lovely Teddy appeared at the beach, in the park and in some other places. I couldn`t resist this cute little bear and thus bought the painting that I loved at the first sight. I also asked her permission to take some photos with her, this painting, and her small stand. She signed her name, Pauline Bordeeux, and her telephone number at the back of this painting.

Looking at her signature, I hoped I would have a chance to meet her again when my next visiting Paris... yet, a dim hope maybe...

No comments: