Saturday, April 17, 2004

Hello Paris

Can't believe I am in Paris now... gosh... it's almost been 8 years since my last visit!

The strange but exciting feeling started from my transferring the plane in Bangkok Airport. After serveral days of working overtime until midnight in office, I didn't feel any excitments for my coming holidays. Yet, in the boarding room, most of the passengers were Europeans and spoke in French language. Interestingly, I became the minority in that room. Seeing these sun-tanned Europeans and hearing the cute and sexy French pronounciation of "r" and "-tion" sounds, I started to feel and sense, "ahh... I am going to Paris!!"

More interestingly, the first thing I did after my arrival Paris was attending a Taiwanese birthday party! My French friend, Myriam, the cute gal I am visiting, was invited by her Taiwanese friend for his birthday party yesterday evening. I thus went along. Again, most of the guests were speaking in French (Gosh!! I really fall in love with this language.) Though I understood almost nothing but only "ca va" and few greeting words, I enjoyed listening to the music-like conversations so much and, of course, trying hard to reply them with my servival-no-where-at-all French and... silly smile. People were nice to switch to English for me and a French gril even spoke in her limited Chinese to me...





No comments: