Sunday, November 12, 2006

a memory of my youth

My first encounter with English songs was from a musical movie "秋霞, Chelsia My Love (1976)" by Chelsea Chan (陳秋霞),

After seeing that movie, I became a big fan of Chelsia Chan and Kenny Bee, the vocal of The Wynners (溫拿五虎).

Remember Dad just bought a set of hi-fi stereo the same year. To test this new stereo, he bought lots of albums, including a set of English oldies but goodeis (50s-70s), discos (I remember Donna Summer the most), Taiwanese pop singers (尤雅 and 鳳飛飛). He also sent me a whole collection of Chelsia Chan and the Wynners which he could find in Taiwan. Listening to Chelsia Chan and The Wynners became the first thing I did after school. My sister Shengwen and bother Lucien had to bear with my listening to my favorite bands every day (ha, this also made them familar with some English songs, accordingly to them...)

Just find some music vedio clips which bring me back to this memory of my youth:
One Summer Night
Graduations Tears
These 2 clips may be taken from the movie, "Chelsia My Love". Just feel interesting that the subtitles are shown in Korean.

偶然 (ou3 ran2)
The lyric is from a famous Chinese modern poet, 徐志摩 (Xu, Zhimo) and music by Chelsia Chan herself. This clip is from a Hong Kong musical ceremory in 2005. The song is in Chinese but people speaking in Contanese in that event. hmm... I still prefer the original version she sang though...

For me, the following songs are some of my favorite but heard first time from The Wynners:

LOVE by The Wynners
Windflowers by Seals and Crofts
New Kid in Town by The Eagles.

gosh... time really flies...

No comments: