Monday, February 02, 2004

Lost in Durham

Gosh! It took me almost 1.5 hours to reach Duke University....

Followed the direction in the Yahoo map but turned out useless... turned right on "BARBEE RD/OLD DURHAM - APEX RD/S BARBEE RD" and, excuse me, I drove onto the wet muddy so called "Barbee RD" and ended up in the front yards of some country houses!! *sigh*...

Okay, then turned back to the East 54 and drove along the Chapel Hill RD (why are there so many Chapel Hill RDs in this area?)... so... I found myself in Cary! Cary (Concentrated Area for Relocated Yankee)!!! At last, got the correct direction info in a gas station and a supermarket. The warm-hearted middle-aged black man, with cute white short beard, even noted down the directions step by step, took me out of the supermarket, and showed me the direction back to N147. Though i was shiveringly standing in the cold weather with a thin T-shirt, my heart was warmed and full of appreciation.

In addition to kind and warm hosipitality of Durham locals, my adventure today also worths a bunch of good things! Found a beatiful lake, Lake Crabtree, on the way back to N147 and a nice state park (ahh... forget the name... dxxx). Plus, Duke Univerity is sooooooooo beatiful in the winter!!! It's really worthy to re-visit again and again!!

No comments: